FCUL’s mission consists in teaching, research and knowledge and innovation transfer in the areas of exact and natural sciences and techno-sciences, as well as in the production, dissemination and sharing of cultures, stimulating permanent openness to civil society through the dissemination of knowledge and interconnection with social and economic agents.
The Faculty of Science, University of Lisbon, was created by the Decree of April 19, 1911. Since its creation and until 1985, the year in which the new facilities were transferred to Campo Grande, the Faculty of Sciences was headquartered in the building that formerly housed the Polytechnic School and, before that, since the early seventeenth century, it also housed other institutions of great cultural and scientific importance.
The Faculty of Science, as an integral academic unit of the University of Lisbon, is also rooted in the history of the founding of this university.
Find out more…