Galp Energia is currently the only integrated group of petroleum products and natural gas in Portugal, with activities extending from exploration and production of oil and natural gas, to refining and distribution of petroleum products, to the distribution and sale of natural gas and to the generation of electricity.
Exploration & Production
A portfolio with over 50 projects.
- The exploration activity of Galp Energia is rapidly expanding, especially in Brazil, Angola and Mozambique;
- Oil production is concentrated in Angola and Brazil, where 24.4 kboepd are produced;
- The Company holds 783 mboe in 3P NE reserves, 3,245 mboe in 3C W contingent resources and 3,203 mboe in exploration resources (unrisked);
- The development of existing resources will allow Galp Energia to aim for a production of 300 kboepd in 2020.
Refining & Distribution
1.486 service stations
- Galp Energia transforms crude oil into refined products, distributed mostly in Iberia through its own network;
- It is the only refiner in Portugal with a capacity of 330 kbopd;
- Refined products are marketed primarily in the Iberian Peninsula, but also in Africa, with sales to direct customers reaching 10 mt in 2012;
- In 2012, the distribution network reached 1,486 service stations.
Gas & Power
6.253 mm³ sales of natural gas
- The main activities of the segment are: import, distribution and sale of natural gas and electricity production;
- Natural gas is sold in Portugal and Spain to about 1.3 million customers;
- Galp Energia expects to increase its sales of natural gas, supported by the power projects;
- In the power activity, the Company intends to position itself as a seller of electricity in the Portuguese market.
Galp Energia’s activities are booming globally and develop mainly in Portugal, Spain, Brazil, Angola, Venezuela, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, Swaziland, Gambia, East Timor, Uruguay, Equatorial Guinea, Morocco and Namibia.
Find out more…