The ISPG – Institute of Oil and Gas, an Association for Research and Advanced Training, is a non-profit association, the result of a partnership between Galp Energia and the six major Portuguese universities, being open to other institutions of the Portuguese-speaking world, and has the following main purposes:
- To develop research and advanced training projects and differentiating competencies in the Oil and Gas sector;
- To contribute to the consolidation and development of knowledge and technology in Portuguese-speaking countries, which are applicable to the Oil and Gas sector and able to compete within the global economy.
ISPG’s activity aims to create value for its members through the development of technology programs and projects focused on the challenges posed by the exploration and production of oil and gas, especially in operations developed by Galp Energia.
ISPG aims also to develop an open network of R&D – universities, research institutes, service companies and producer companies – between Portugal, Brazil and other countries, to develop a portfolio of shared and multidisciplinary projects in areas of the technological frontier and of interest to different sectors of the Oil & Gas business.
Members of ISPG
- Galp Energia;
- Universidade de Aveiro;
- Universidade de Coimbra;
- Instituto Superior Técnico;
- Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa;
- Universidade do Minho;
- Universidade Nova de Lisboa;
- Universidade do Porto.